Workers’ compensation is designed to protect a business owner from being sued by employees for work related injuries. It is a coverage required by law (in most states) and eliminates the need for litigation by awarding fixed monetary compensation. Workers’ compensation provides benefits for dependents of those workers who lost their lives due to work related accidents or illnesses.
What’s included in Workers’ Compensation Insurance?
Workers’ compensation insurance consists of the following two parts:
I. Workers’ Compensation
This portion of the policy covers bodily injury caused by an job related accidents and by disease caused or aggravated by employment conditions. Benefits can include:
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Cost of medical treatment and rehabilitation
- Death benefits for family members
II. Employers’ Liability
This portion of the policy protects employers if they are found liable for employee injuries. This coverage can have a huge financial impact on your business.
How to reduce total cost of Workers’ Compensation Insurance through Risk Management?
Accident prevention is the best way to lower the cost of your Workers’ Compensation insurance. Our team of advisers provides a large number of risk management services that will help you minimize the risk. These include:
- Drug Testing – Employees under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol can be a significant liability. McLean Insurance offers a drug testing program that can put you at ease while minimizing the risk for your business
- Vehicle Monitoring – Erratic driving behavior by your employees can lead to accidents which can potentially open your business to lawsuits. This is why we offer vehicle monitoring service which will allow you to keep an eye on your employees while they are on the road and ensure that they are driving safely
- Video Analysis – As a business owner, it is tough to be available at your business during all operating hours. However, you still want to ensure that all business is being conducted properly. Video Analysis can help you keep an eye on your business even while you are away from the location
Why choose McLean Insurance for your Workers’ Compensation Insurance Needs?
- Personalized Service – You will be treated as family and not a number. We are local, active in the community and have a solid understanding of Workers’ compensation insurance. We provide all our customers with solid advice and tools to help you reduce cost and keep your loss history favorable
- Trusted Advice – Our licensed insurance agents have over 40 years of experience and will work closely with you to determine your needs and help ensure that you are adequately insured.
- Save Money – We will shop multiple providers to find the broadest coverage at the most competitive rate available to you
- Save Time – Our experts will do all the work so you don’t have to waste time researching and understanding complex insurance coverage
- Increase your bottom line – Healthy employees are more productive and should help you improve profitability